PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY. THE TERM "YOU" AND "YOUR" REFER TO ALL INDIVIDUALS AND/OR ENTITIES ACCESSING THIS SITE FOR ANY REASON. “EPRI” MEANS THE ELECTRIC POWER RESEARCH INSTITUTE, INC., AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES. “DOE” MEAN THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY. “NRC” MEANS THE UNITED STATES NUCLEAR REGULATORY COMMISSION. COLLECTIVELY, EPRI, NRC, AND DOE ARE THE “AUTHORS.”
GENERAL SITE DESCRIPTION AND PRIVACY PRACTICES:
• The Site is being provided by EPRI for the limited purpose of providing access to information about a project conducted by EPRI, with funding made possible through a grant awarded by the DOE and the NRC as summarized in the report published at the Site entitled “Central and Eastern United States Seismic Source Characterization for Nuclear Facilities” (the “Report”).
• With respect to hyperlinks to any third party websites not owned or maintained by EPRI, such hyperlinks are offered for Your convenience only and do not constitute any approval, endorsement, sponsorship, affiliation or guarantee by EPRI with respect to the organization sponsoring/maintaining such sites or
The Site and the Report are both provided subject to the following restrictions:
• You will not use the Site or any portion of the Site to violate or attempt to violate probe, scan, or test the vulnerability or to breach security or authentication measures of any system or network associated with the Site.
• You will not use the Site, the Report, or any portion of either, to provide material support or resources to any organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to Section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act or any successor law(s) thereto;
• You will not use the Site, the Report, or any portion of either, to violate any applicable local, state, regional, national or international law, and any regulations having the force of law.
To the extent the Site or Report includes any logos, trademarks, trade names, or service marks (“Logos”), such Logos are the exclusive property of their respective owners and are protected under United States and foreign trademark and other laws. “Electric Power Research Institute” and the “EPRI” logo are trademarks of EPRI. The “U.S. Department of Energy,” “U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission” and any government logos or seals are the property of the United States Government. You may not reproduce, download or otherwise use any Logos except as permitted by applicable law or without the prior written consent of the appropriate owners thereof.
Except for the Logos, if any, the Authors grant to You a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual (for the duration of the applicable copyright) license to reproduce, distribute, store, display, publicly perform, and create derivative works of the Site, the Report, and all elements thereof (the “Works”) in all media and formats whether now known or hereafter devised, subject to the following restrictions:
a. You must keep intact all notices and disclaimers of warranties with every copy of the Works.
b. You must keep intact all copyright notices and provide: (a) the name of the Authors; (b) the title of the Work; and (c) the URL for the Site.
c. You may not implicitly or explicitly assert or imply any connection with, or sponsorship or endorsement by any of the Authors.
d. You must not take any action in relation to any Work that would be prejudicial to the Authors’ public images, goodwill, or reputations.
Access to and use of the Works is granted with the specific understanding and requirement that responsibility for ensuring full compliance with all applicable U.S. and foreign export laws and regulations is being undertaken by You and Your company/organization. This includes an obligation to ensure that any individual receiving access hereunder who is not a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident is permitted access under applicable U.S. and foreign export laws and regulations. In the event you are not certain whether You may lawfully obtain access to a particular Work, You acknowledge and agree that it is Your obligation to consult with legal counsel to determine whether such access is lawful. You acknowledge and agree that any assessment of relevant export classification provided is solely for informational purposes and should not be relied upon. You acknowledge that it is still Your obligation to make Your own assessment of the applicable export classification and ensure compliance accordingly.
To the greatest extent permitted under applicable law, under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall EPRI be liable for any damages whatsoever, including direct, indirect, exemplary, punitive, special, or consequential damages that result from the use or, or the inability to use, the Works or any portion thereof, even if EPRI has been informed of the possibility of such damages.
You agree to defend, indemnify, release, and hold harmless EPRI, DOE, NRC, and their affiliates, and respective members, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from Your use of the Works or any portion thereof or Your breach of the Terms.
THE WORKS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EPRI DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR WARRANTIES AS TO NONINFRINGEMENT. EPRI DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY PORTION OF THE SITE AND ITS SERVICES ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OF OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS.
• EPRI-THE REPORT WAS PREPARED AS AN ACCOUNT OF WORK SPONSORED OR COSPONSORED BY THE ELECTRIC POWER RESEARCH INSTITUTE, INC. (EPRI). NEITHER EPRI, ANY MEMBER OF EPRI, ANY COSPONSOR BELOW, NOR ANY PERSON ACTING ON BEHALF OF ANY OF THEM:
• MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, (A) WITH RESPECT TO THE USE OF ANY INFORMATION, APPARATUS, METHOD, PROCESS, OR SIMILAR ITEM DISCLOSED IN THE REPORT, INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR (II) THAT SUCH USE DOES NOT INFRINGE ON OR INTERFERE WITH PRIVATELY OWNED RIGHTS, INCLUDING ANY PARTY'S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, OR (C) THAT THE REPORT IS SUITABLE TO ANY PARTICULAR USER'S CIRCUMSTANCE; OR
• ASSUMES RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING ANY CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF EPRI OR ANY EPRI REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES) RESULTING FROM YOUR SELECTION OR USE OF THE REPORT OR ANY INFORMATION, APPARATUS, METHOD, PROCESS, OR SIMILAR ITEM DISCLOSED IN THE REPORT.
• DOE-THIS REPORT WAS PREPARED AS AN ACCOUNT OF WORK SPONSORED BY AN AGENCY OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT. NEITHER THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT NOR ANY AGENCY THEREOF, NOR ANY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, MAKES ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OR ASSUMES ANY LEGAL LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION, APPARATUS, PRODUCT, OR PROCESS DISCLOSED, OR REPRESENTS THAT ITS USE WOULD NOT INFRINGE PRIVATELY OWNED RIGHTS. REFERENCE HEREIN TO ANY SPECIFIC COMMERCIAL PRODUCT, PROCESS, OR SERVICE BY TRADE NAME, TRADEMARK, MANUFACTURER, OR OTHERWISE DOES NOT NECESSARILY CONSTITUTE OR IMPLY ITS ENDORSEMENT, RECOMMENDATION, OR FAVORING BY THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT OR ANY AGENCY THEREOF. THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS OF AUTHORS EXPRESSED HEREIN DO NOT NECESSARILY STATE OR REFLECT THOSE OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT OR ANY AGENCY THEREOF.
• NRC-THIS REPORT WAS PREPARED AS AN ACCOUNT OF WORK SPONSORED BY AN AGENCY OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT. NEITHER THE U.S. GOVERNMENT NOR ANY AGENCY THEREOF, NOR ANY EMPLOYEE, MAKES ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, OR ASSUMES ANY LEGAL LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY THIRD PARTY’S USE, OR THE RESULTS OF SUCH USE, OF ANY INFORMATION, APPARATUS, PRODUCT, OR PROCESS DISCLOSED IN THIS PUBLICATION, OR REPRESENTS THAT ITS USE BY SUCH THIRD PARTY WOULD NOT INFRINGE PRIVATELY OWNED RIGHTS. THE STATEMENTS, FINDINGS, CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR(S) AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEW OF THE US NUCLEAR REGULATORY COMMISSION.
• The Site is hosted by Network Solutions from its offices within the United States of America. EPRI makes no representations that material on the Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this site from locations outside the United States do so on their own risk and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. Access to the Site from jurisdictions where the contents of the site are illegal or penalized is prohibited.
• This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without respect to conflict of laws principles.
• If any provision of the Terms is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of the Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.
• EPRI may revise the Terms at any time, without notice. You should revisit this page periodically to make sure You are aware of the most recent terms because they will be binding on You. Your use of the Site after any such changes to the Terms constitutes Your agreement to such changes.
• The Terms will remain in full force and effect while You are a user of the Site or the Report.
If You have any questions about these Terms, the practices of the Site, or Your experience on the Site, please email us at email@example.com.